The Genesis Framework includes several theme settings that can be configured for your site. The settings available here are global settings, but some of them can be overridden within individual posts or pages.
Go to Appearance > Customize > Theme Settings to configure the settings for your site.
After opening the Theme Settings, you’ll see six (6) options that can be configured for your site:
- Google AdSense
- Site Layout
- Comments and Trackbacks
- Content Archives
- Header/Footer Scripts
- Check For Updates: Check the box to allow Genesis to automatically and periodically check to see if a new update is available for the framework.
- Email Address: You can also provide your email address to be notified when a new version of Genesis becomes available.
If you have a Google AdSense account with Auto Ads enabled, enter your AdSense publisher ID here. This allows Genesis to place the ad code in the <head> of your site. Google will then automatically place ads on your site without you having to do anything else to make it work. Learn more about Auto Ads.
Note: This is a global setting and will be applied to your entire site.
The Hallie Pro theme includes three (3) layout options:
- Content, Primary Sidebar
- Primary Sidebar, Content
- Full Width Content
Hallie Pro uses the Full Width Content layout as the default site layout. Use the drop down to select a different layout, if desired.
Note: This is a global setting which will be applied to the entire site. You can override this global setting within individual posts and pages.
Breadcrumbs are a type of navigation menu, typically displayed near the top of the page, that reveals the users location in a website and helps them find their way around quickly and easily. They are especially useful on large sites that contain numerous pages.
Check the box(es) to enable breadcrumbs on the content type(s) of your choice.
Comments and Trackbacks
Check the box(es) to enable comments and/or trackbacks on the posts and/or pages.
When unchecked, comments and trackbacks will be completely disabled for all future posts or pages. Comments and trackbacks that have already been added to posts or pages will continue to display.
Note: This is a global setting and cannot be overridden at the post or page level.
The Content Archive section allows you to select the display settings for your blog listings, archive, author, blog, category, search, and tag pages.
- Content Display: You can choose between Entry content to show the entire post content or Entry excerpt to show only a portion the post content on the archive pages. The demo is set to Entry content.
- Limit Content: If you select Entry content above and would like to show only a portion of the content on the archive pages, enter the number of characters that should be displayed. The demo does not use this setting. Instead, the WordPress More tag is used to show only a portion of the content on archive pages.
- Featured Image: Check the box if you’d like to display featured images on the archive pages.
- Featured Image Size: If you choose to display featured images on archive pages, use the drop down to select the size you’d like to display. The demo is set to display featured-image (800 x 440).
- Featured Image Alignment: If you choose to display featured images on archive pages, use the drop down to select the alignment of the image in relation to the text. If you select None, the featured image will be displayed above the post content on archive pages. The demo is set to None.
- Entry Pagination Type: Use the drop down to select style of pagination links you’d like to display at the bottom of the archive pages. These links provide a way for your users to see the next or previous page of posts if you have more than one page. The demo is set to display the Numeric style of pagination.
Genesis makes it easy to add scripts, such as tracking and analytics tags or code, to the header and footer of your website.
- Header Scripts: Anything placed in this box will output immediately before the closing </head> tag in the document source.
- Footer Scripts: Anything placed in this box will output immediately before the closing </body> tag in the document source.
Important Note: These are global settings and will be applied to your entire site. Learn how to add scripts to individual posts and pages.
Save Your Settings
When you’re finished, be sure to click Publish at the top of the customizer to preserve all your settings.